Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Cookbooks: New Meals for the New Year.

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday! I have to say this year was great, spending the Christmas Eve in Niagara Falls, and Christmas Day between my parents' and Corey's parents'. I received two cookbooks that I'm really excited to tell you all about.


First up is The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion: Yummy Recipes from Family, Friends, and Our Crockin' Community

What a book! I've already looked through it three times, and the recipes, pictures, everything about this book is fantastic! Easy recipes (all for the slow cooker/Crock Pot), some with just a few ingredients, and they all sound delicious! A few recipes I have made before thanks to Pinterest, from different authors/recipe creators, but they are definitely ones I would eat again. Like White Spaghetti, for instance. Cream cheese, an Italian dressing packet, cream of chicken soup, and all with pasta and chicken. And all in the Crock Pot. What a wonderful invention that Crock Pot is!

I've already started planning which recipes I want to try first - 2013 is going to be our "year of the slow cooker." With the 11.6 inches of snow we have right now, I definitely pulled the slow cooker out at 9am and threw everything together for a pot roast. Corey and I started The West Wing on Netflix from the very first episode, and we're just relaxing while dinner cooks itself. Doesn't get much better.

Next we have My Year in Meals by Rachael Ray 

Flip the book over, and you have My Year in Cocktails by John Cusimano, Rachael's husband, and mixologist.

The recipes by Rachael are phenomenal as usual (she's my favorite Food Network personality/chef). An awesome feature of the book is a calendar, which lists day-by-day which meals that she prepared (for a whole year)!

The most exciting recipes so far (it's a big book to flip through) are the pizzas. I quickly flipped through the book on Christmas night, so I'll be getting to it soon, bookmarking all the delicious dishes I can't wait to try and share with you.

So what new cookbooks are you cooking from right now, or looking forward to cooking from?

Chelsea


No comments:

Post a Comment