Let's talk Bronzers today - since I have to buy a new one after mine shattered and turned our upstairs bathroom tile grout a nice shade of...well, bronze. By bronzer, first of all, I don't mean the Jersey Shore spray tan that the girls call bronzer. I mean the face powder (or cream) meant to contour your face; this is similar to blush. Got it? Good.
Since that one broke, I've been using Pur Minerals 'Mineral Glow/Mineral Light' that you can find at Ulta.
So what are my options? There are a thousand (if not more) choices, shades, brands, and consistencies for you to choose from when it comes to picking a nice brown-ish powder for your face. Bronzers range from tan to chocolate, shimmery, not shimmery, creamy, powdery, loose powder, gel, cream stick, you name it, you can get it.
Wait, I'm guessing you don't know what that is. This website explains said technique: "On the right side of your face make a "3" from your hairline, across your cheek to your nose, and down to your chin. Repeat the same process on your left side making an "E". When you are done both sides go back across your nose and down your neck and chest. There is no need to put the brush back into the bronzer. Again, dipping multiple times will create an uneven or artificial look. "
Works every time!
Below is a list of bronzers I've tried and would recommend/not recommend. Happy bronzing!
- Bare Escentuals Faux Tan - LOVE! Loose powder with a nice brown color. I'm pretty fair and it is not too dark, so don't be scared that it looks a little like dirt.
- Bare Escentuals Warmth - Nice, natural color that is a loose powder.
- Cargo Waterproof Bronzer - nice color, and would recommend if you're going to be in humid weather.
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer - a creamy bronzer that smells like chocolate. Delish!
- Smashbox O Bronze - liquid/gel. You have to work quickly to put the bronzer where you want it to avoid spotty stains. I would not recommend for first-time bronzer use.
- My favorite cosmetics Brand, Urban Decay, unfortunately hasn't sold me on their bronzers. The color is too light for me, even with fair skin, so I just don't love it.
Tell me about your bronzers, friends!